It is no news that one of the important parts of your Canadian immigration file is the IELTS score. However, what’s remarkable is that improving your IELTS score by even the slightest bit can help you boost your CRS pointers.
Applicants applying for a permanent residency to Canada are required to prove their English language skills by taking the renowned IELTS Test. Getting a good IELTS score leads to a positive impact on your express entry profile. A boost in this score can make an incredible difference in CRS score and for express entry. So, pull up your socks and get ready to scale up your IELTS scorecard. Fret not, we will walk you through 6 easy steps to maximize your score!
- Understand the Assessment Criteria – Let’s start with the basics. Start by understanding the assessment criteria of this test. Get the know-how of the standards your examiner will mark you on. This will help you focus on your weak points and enhance the stronger ones. So, before you sit on the test take a moment to identify what is the best course of action for you.
- Prepare a Study Plan – Before you kickstart your study routine, make sure that you plan it out well. Having a carefully designed study plan is imperative to score well. Rather than a blind pursuit, this will help you attain your target marks easily and effectively.
- Focus on your Grammar – Get your foundation right and ace the game. While learning any language, sharpening your grammar skills is the most crucial thing. Get on with it and see it make a world of a difference in your final IELTS score.
- Refine your Reading & Speaking Skills – Make your mark and impress your IELTS examiner by being fluent in reading and speaking the language. See to it that you adequately practice on a daily basis to strengthen your skills and gain confidence while presenting.
- Seek Expert Advice – It is always a good idea to get feedback from someone informed in this field to know that you are moving in the right direction. You can always go ahead and join IELTS coaching classes or seek an expert guide to move up the scorecard.
- Practice a lot – Finally and above all, practice, practice a lot. The more you rehearse and bring it into play, the more you will get better at it. Spend at least a few hours daily and enhance your scores to a level next.
Even with little time to prepare yourself for the test, these tips will work like magic. So, before you rush and book the test slot, follow these simple tips, practice enough, focus on your weak points and learn from your mistakes and you will be good to go.
Open doors to Canada with a good IELTS score and move up the permanent residency ladder. Prepare well for the test, book a date, and go for it!
To check out your current CRS Score, use our mobile app’s CRS calculator and keep an eye on the latest draws using the mobile app too. Download the TrekNation App from here.