What is Manitoba PNP?
Manitoba Provincial Nominee Program (MPNP) seeks recent graduates, skilled workers and entrepreneurs AND their families to successfully settle in Manitoba as Permanent Residents.
MPNP has 3 different pathways:
- Skilled Worker Stream
- International Education Stream (IES)
- Business Investor Stream (BIS)
We will cover all of them in detail in the following sections-
Skilled Workers Stream:
Skilled Workers Stream depends on the needs of the local employers. It is ideal for skilled workers in Manitoba AND overseas professionals who have work experience & skills needed in Manitoba’s local labor market.
Skilled worker in Manitoba:
- MPNP authorities name candidates who have progressing work in Manitoba that makes a quick and continuous commitment to Manitoba’s economy and variety
- You must be working in Manitoba at the time that you apply for this sub-stream (For a business that is qualified under the MPNP)
- Your work experience should be no less than 6 months (Full-time work as a temporary foreign worker or as an International Student working Graduate)
Skilled worker Overseas:
- For candidates applying from outside Manitoba, who possess the necessary work experience and skills that are in demand in the province of Manitoba
- To qualify for this stream, you must score a total of at least 60 points out of 100 based on 5 selection factors in the POINTS ASSESSMENT GRID for the MPNP. You can calculate your point through the point assessment page On the official Manitoba government website.
For the skilled worker in Manitoba and the skilled worker overseas there is a whole list of occupations in demand with their NOC Codes & CLB Levels here.
International Education Stream(IES):
The International Education Stream is Manitoba’s new student immigration stream that provides international students with their Canada PR status after they complete their graduate programs in the province of Manitoba
- Career Employment Pathway: You must have graduated in the past 3 years from a designated post-secondary institution in Manitoba
- Graduate Internship Pathway: You must have completed a Master’s or Doctoral degree program in Manitoba within the past 3 years
- International Student Entrepreneur Pilot: Provides up to 20 International students (annually) who have graduated in Manitoba the opportunity to pursue entrepreneurship rather than employment.
Once the applicant meets the conditions of their Business Performance Agreement, they arenominated for their Canada PR
Business Investors stream( BIS):
The Business Investor Stream (BIS) allows Manitoba to recruit and nominate a qualified business or farm investors & entrepreneurs who have the intent & ability to start/purchase businesses or farms in Manitoba.
- Entrepreneur Pathway (For applicants seeking to open a business in Manitoba).
- You will have to establish, purchase a business or become partners in an existing business within the first 24 months of arrival in Canada on a temporary work permit
- No age limit; however, ranking points are allocated to candidates only between 25 to 49 years of age
- You will need a minimum language test score of CLB 5 (Eng]ish) or NCLC 5 (French)
- Your minimum investment would be between $150,000 – $250,000 CAN
- Minimum persona]net worth of $500,000 CAN (verified by a third-party supplier approved by the MPNP)
- Farm Investor Pathway (For individuals with proven farm business experience).
- You will need to establish a farm business in rural Manitoba producing primary products that are consistent with the province’s current farm industry
- No age limit & you don’t need a language test (However, you will be required to conduct an interview in either French or English)
- Minimum investment of at least $300,000 CAN (Ineligible tangible assets as defined by the MPNP)
- The minimum personal net worth of $500,000 (verified by a third-party supplier approved by the MPNP)
How to apply for the Manitoba PNP or MPNP(3 steps):
STEP 1: Submit an Expression of Interest (EOI) to the province of Manitoba-
At this stage, your profile will be entered into a pool of eligible candidates and will be valid for 1 year.
STEP 2: Get invited to submit an MPNP application based on your EOI Ranking Points-
The MPNP invites the highest-scoring candidates in the pool to submit a full application to the MPNP on a regular basis by sending them a Letter of Advice to Apply (LAA).
You will have 60 days from the date of receiving your LAA to submit a complete ONLINE application to the Manitoba Provincial Nominee Program (MPNP). More information can be found at this link – https://immigratemanitoba.com/immigrate-to-manitoba/apply-now/.
If you’re accepted, you’ll receive an MPNP Approval Letter on your MPNP Online account & registered email and you and your WHOLE family can apply for your Canada PR status.
The MPNP approval letter is an official Canadian government document.
This approval letter is valid for a period of 6 months & you’ll receive directions/ instructions on how you can proceed with your PR application along with this approval letter. With your MPNP nomination, you’’ get 600 additional CRS points which will guarantee your ITA in the IRC draws, which will facilitate your PR status for you and your WHOLE family.
If your application is rejected, you may submit a Request For Review (RFR) if you feel your profile was assessed incorrectly.
STEP 3: Make a separate application to the Government of Canada for Permanent Resident visas for you & your WHOLE family. Even your family members will get their Permanent Residence (PR), and your whole family can fly to Canada together. You will be required to complete the Application Package, collect the required documents for the PR process, pay the necessary fees and submit your application by mailing your completed application package at the address mentioned in the instruction guide. Make sure before you have mailed your application, you have signed all forms, answered all questions, included fee receipts, and includeed all required documents. Your application will be sent back if any part of the package is incomplete.
Now that your application is mailed, you will receive a letter to get your biometrics done. You will have 30 days to complete the biometrics. If you are applying from outside of Canada, you will be required to take a medical test and get a Police clearance certificate. The entire processing time takes around 15-17 months. Check the application processing times and status of your application online.
If your application is approved, you will be asked for your passport or a photocopy of your passport. This depends on if you’re from a country where you need a visa to visit Canada. You’ll need to pay your Right of Permanent Residence fee if you haven’t already.
After you pay, you will be issued:
- confirmation of permanent residence (COPR)
- permanent resident visa (if you are from a country where you need a visa)
- letter with important information about your COPR and other requirements
You must have your COPR, and your visa (if you need one) with you when you arrive in Canada.
How much are the fees?
You’ll have to pay an application fee of 500 CAD for the MPNP process (To be paid only AFTER receiving an LAA; creating an EOI profile is completely free of charge)
You will also have to pay the fees during the PR application process such as the Right of Permanent Residence fees (500 CAD), biometric fees, any third-party fees such as PCC, Education Credential Assessment, etc.
What are the processing times?
Getting your MPNP approval letter can take around 4-5 months. Then the PR application process can take anywhere around 15-17 months
What documents will you need for MPNP?
- Government-issued ID documents (Birth certificate, Passport, Marriage/Divorce/Death certificates)
- ECA Report
- Work Experience / Reference letters (Details about your Immigration Status / Past Visits To Canada (yourself / Spouse / Children / Parents)
- Details about your Express Entry Profile from the IRC Website (If applicable)
- Language test reports for your English / French language tests (They have a validity period of 2 years)
- Settlement Funds / Proof of Funds ($10,000 CAN & an additional $2,000 for your spouse & each dependent child)
- Settlement Plan: Declaration of your plan / your family’s plan on what you intend to do after moving to Manitoba, and how you can benefit the economy & diversity of the province
To upload the document you have to log in to your MPNP online profile.
MPNP Online will instruct you to upload documents about your persona 1 and family status, your English language ability, your education, and employment experience, etc.
(You will have to scan paper documents into PDF files & upload them on your MPNP Online profile to complete your application)
To know more about life in Canada, keep an eye out for our latest blog series ‘Get to know Canada’ intended to help you understand and know more about life in Canada. To check out your current CRS Score, use our mobile app’s CRS calculator and keep an eye on the latest draws using the mobile app too. Download the TrekNation App from here.