The Ontario Immigration Nominee Program (OINP) is the economic immigration program by the province of Ontario. It works in partnership with Immigration, Refugees, and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).
OINP targets foreign workers, international students, and other people with the right skills, education, and experience.
The below image shows the breakdown of the different streams within OINP
As shown in the above hirerchary, tech draws falls under Human Capital Priorities, which in turn fall under Ontario Express Entry. The main aim of this stream is to identify people with the right technology skills in the IRCC express entry pool.
The OINP will search within the express entry pool to identify candidates who may:
- Meet the criteria of Human Capital Priorities stream &
- Have work experience in one of the targeted NOC codes
If any candidate is identified which meets the criteria, they will receive a Notification of Interest (NOI) in their IRCC online account.
Receive Notification of Interest
Once you receive NOI from Ontario PNP, you can submit your application online to OINP. There is a deadline of 45 days for submitting your application once notification of interest is received.
List of Targeted NOC codes
- Software engineers and designers (NOC 2173)
- Computer programmers and interactive media developers (NOC 2174)
- Computer engineers (NOC 2147)
- Web designers and developers (NOC 2175)
- Database analysts and data administrators (NOC 2172)
- Computer and information systems managers (NOC 0213)
For eligibility for nomination, you will be required to show experience for the above NOC codes.
To check out your current CRS Score, use our mobile app’s CRS calculator and keep an eye on the latest draws using the mobile app too. Download the TrekNation App.